View Single Post

Old 02-09-2017, 06:55 PM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

Where did you order the gun from? Because I thought it was used gun when I first looked at it. It looked like someone, with no real knowledge how to do it, tried to polish the finish and really wrecked it. As for the other problems it wouldn't be hard for a dealer to collect all the bad parts from different revolvers and stick them all on your gun. I would very seriously like to know what the deal is.

You say you haven't fired the gun? Because that gun HAS been fired. Not much but a few rounds. It's more than the turn line. There's powder burn around the bore chamber. It looks like it to me. I circled the areas in red I think have been discolored by powder in this photo.

BUT I look at the finish inside the chamber and it looks messed up too. That would indicate a Smith and Wesson issue. There are obvious lines in the finish inside on the frame. I also circled the areas in yellow where the finish inside on the frame is messed up. That wouldn't have been done by someone polishing the gun. Not like that.

Whatever the problem is something is certainly off with this gun. I really hate buying anything without looking at it closely first. I've saved myself a lot of money that way not only by avoiding problem guns but also by seeing a problem that has knocked the price down on a used gun and knowing what it will take to fix it. I've sent some back to get warranty work when I wasn't the original owner. Springfield did that for me. If S&W doesn't make this right that will really make me think about buying from them in the future. I bought a M&P Sport AR from them not too long ago and it has been everything I've come to expect from that company. It has been excellent. I would think they would fix this. I would get the dealer involved on this because they buy lots of guns. You only buy a few. Companies listen to dealers. That's a big reason I like to know who I'm buying from. I've only ordered a very few guns over the net and it has worked out but I've seen things not work out in transactions over the net too.

I know you've probably heard it enough but you should have refused that gun. My 629 doesn't look anything like that. Mine had been fired but only about 15 times when I bought it. Yours has less burned area than mine did but it has some. There's no burnt powder hiding in the cracks you can't get at to clean on your gun. It hasn't been fired much but a few rounds have gone down the pipe IMO.

Last edited by C J; 02-09-2017 at 07:04 PM.