View Single Post

Old 02-10-2017, 09:46 AM

Liked 2,954 Times in 1,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJH328 View Post
Carrying the new 2.0 with the textured grip concealed is not exactly pleasant. I carry in a Remora holster, and the grip is rubbing my skin raw with the texture. What are you guys doing to mitigate this issue?
Seriously, get a real holster, one with a sweat guard and that attaches securely to a good gun belt and that is made specifically for the FS M&P. Concealed carry is serious business.

The Remora is a cheap alternative to a real holster, perhaps suited for a small BUG or hideout gun, but nothing else. I tried a mag carrier, had it modified to fit my mag better, tried it again, and threw it away. I would not give it to anyone.

However, I would still sand that grip for concealed carry as it will snag a covering garment which leads to printing, can interfere with removing the covering, and will quickly degrade the covering or a shirt underneath. It is just way too damn sharp.

The new 2.0 sharp checkering is an S&W mistake for concealed carry, IMO. There are other ways to improve grip texture that are not so harsh, but some should involve sanding away the sharpness first, or removing it entirely and starting over with stippling or better yet, epoxy texture.

Last edited by CB3; 04-13-2018 at 09:57 PM.
The Following 8 Users Like Post: