View Single Post

Old 02-10-2017, 09:10 PM

Liked 5,384 Times in 2,711 Posts

Don't write the factory barrel off. My personal 5906 will shoot one ragged hole at 25 yards from braced sitting with good ammo. Yes, I worked the trigger and did a couple things I didn't mention above BTW, when you work the sear, don't forget the relief cut, ala 1911), but kept the SA around 5 lbs (and maybe a bit more) cause it was my off-duty piece.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's made a sear jig for the S&W autos. Going to a 5906 type bushing and barrel might help the accuracy on the 39. You'd also have to go to the same type of recoil spring guide. The barrel you could get from Smith, the bushing would be a custom job. Ah, see yours is a 639. That helps somewhat.

There's several ways to fit OT stops. On DAO S&Ws I drilled the trigger and installed the stop there. On MIM triggers an end mill works best for the hole. Might also be possible to drill the frame for an OT stop, never really considered that. I do believe the 52 has a stop installed at the factory. Where exactly did they put that?

I really wanted one of the PPC versions of the double column 9mm Smith made for a bit. Couldn't find one-at least at a price I was willing to pay.

Last edited by WR Moore; 02-10-2017 at 09:17 PM.