View Single Post

Old 02-11-2017, 01:52 AM

Liked 102 Times in 75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytcoinshooter View Post
The fee structure here in CT will be out of control if this passes. $370 for the first time applicant is not the complete cost, just the states portion. Each town imposes a fee structre as the town permit is required first then you have 60 days to get your statewide 5 year permit from the state police. My town charges the first timer $70. payable to the town for the application fee, $14.75 payable to the state for federal criminal history check, $50. payable to the state of ct for state criminal history check. 3 checks = $134.75 just to get started. When the town permit was approved I still had to go the state police and pay $70. for my 5 year state permit with photo taken on site. So now under this hike it will be a total of $504.75 if nothing changes fee wise in my town for a first time applicant.
Absolutely right!! I didn't even mention how this fee is ONLY the baseline for new applicants! So, yes....over $500 is absolutely ridiculous! If I could move I would have already in a heart beat! Good luck in FL if you decide to move and save money!
The Following User Likes This Post: