Thread: SW22 range trip
View Single Post

Old 02-11-2017, 02:06 AM
US Veteran

Liked 18,970 Times in 5,589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32icon View Post
Nice. I'm about 1000 rounds through my Victory. I added the Halo and a red dot. I'm getting new wood grips as soon as Volquartsen make them for lefties and I bought the Tandemkross trigger about 2 months ago, but I don't feel like tackling the project. I heard it can be quite the task even with the Tandemkross video. I'm taking it to the range tomorrow. I haven't shot it in over two months.
I hadn't had mine out since mid Dec. I'm a lefty as well so will be interested in hearing how those grips work out. This was close to the best session I have had with the Victory. Last week I went shooting in a pasture with a Model 34-1 and just plinked cans and logs on the ground. I sort of got away from "hitting the bulls eye". I think that helped me today as I felt pretty relaxed and thought I could "see" the target circles better. At 7 yards if I put on my reading glasses the sight is clear and the circles are a little out of focus so I just concentrate on keeping the front sight centered. If I use my normal bifocals the sight is blurred but the target is clear. Same principle just backwards. At 10 yards I stick with the bifocals.

I still thinking I am pulling the barrel down and left but getting better at using my right hand to push back.
S&WCA #3065