View Single Post

Old 02-11-2017, 07:32 AM

Liked 202 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB3 View Post

It does have a side-mount battery compartment that does not require the sight to be removed from the slide for battery replacement. It appears the dot has a brightness auto adjust feature that actually works well without getting either too bright nor too dim.

My standard height Ameri Glo night sights barely co-witness through the bottom of the screen. I cannot find any taller "suppressor" sights for the Shield pistol, but if there are some, they would probably be too high since the bases on other RDS are taller than the Shield (or J-Point) sight.

I have my slide, but SI is doing a grip enhancement for my frame, so I have not yet shot it. I am also waiting on a threaded barrel because . . . I want it. Apex parts installed over a year ago. I'll post pictures in another thread when the project is complete and I can display a holey target. Amen.

ETA: Sorry for the hijack, Steved13. I think your project has turned out great and I hope it meets your needs. Best of luck--and skill.
Thanks for the correction, I remember the side battery now...I don't like posting bad info, so I appreciate the correction.

If you haven't already, check out Dawson Precision they have a very wide selection of sights and in different heights. Not all of their sights are available in every height though, but they may have a workable compromise. I think it is more about how deep they can mill the slide on the M&P Shield, even more then the low profile of the Jpoint/Shield.

I'm looking forward to seeing your project...if you get a chance post a pic of what you have done...I'd like to see it.

No hijack, project is done, so the OP is moot