View Single Post

Old 02-11-2017, 04:53 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,660 Times in 1,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytcoinshooter View Post
The fee structure here in CT will be out of control if this passes. $370 for the first time applicant is not the complete cost, just the states portion. Each town imposes a fee structre as the town permit is required first then you have 60 days to get your statewide 5 year permit from the state police. My town charges the first timer $70. payable to the town for the application fee, $14.75 payable to the state for federal criminal history check, $50. payable to the state of ct for state criminal history check. 3 checks = $134.75 just to get started. When the town permit was approved I still had to go the state police and pay $70. for my 5 year state permit with photo taken on site. So now under this hike it will be a total of $504.75 if nothing changes fee wise in my town for a first time applicant. I'll call it a punishment tax for excercising my right.
So now I'll have a $300. renewal fee if this passes. I am looking forward to having my voice heard and that of other responsible owners, time to be heard. Gawd forbid if they tax, surcharge ammo. This state is plenty restrictive as is and only the law abiding PAY the price. My Florida permit application has been submitted, we own property there too but were not planning on moving permanently just yet. We would net $12,000 per year more in our pockets in retirement by moving. That's a nice chunk!
Illinois is much the same way .. a 5 year license cost 150 for the license .. but you have to take a 16 hour course which runs another 250 plus electronic finger prints and picture about another 125 so the first time licensee it will cost 525 dollars or more .. if you are a vet or have gun safety classes already taken 8 hours can be reduced from the training .. but still the other 8 hours of training I think runs 175 dollars .. then you have to pay for range fee and ammo at the gun range for the shooting requirements ..

I would love to move but Grandma won't leave her kids and g-kids .. so that is out of the question ..
The Following User Likes This Post: