View Single Post

Old 02-12-2017, 08:24 AM

Liked 87 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason4x4 View Post
Got this 10-5 in trade. Took it out to shoot, had 75% light primer strikes, wouldn't fire.

research shows tighten screw, and make sure main spring is flat.

Screw was Not tight, so I will tighten that once I get main spring issue figured out.

It appears to me the main spring is obviously Not flat, but what exactly IS flat? flat to the "hooks"?

Any more info on this gun would be handy, Serial # C855xxx, 3 screw
Not real familiar with the model 10s but the workings can't be much different than the 66. At least, I can show you what the spring should look like & another possibility.

In particular, part numbers (on 66) 7016 (the main spring) should look like this...about as flat as they are. What it could be, is someone tried a trigger job & may have cut a coil on the rebound slide spring (part 7028, again, on the 66) to try to lighten the trigger, causing the 7129 (for square butt, or 7228 for round butt) strain screw to be too short. If your main spring has a bow in it, that would compound the light strike problem. Unless you feel confident in taking the rebound slide assembley apart & putting it back together, I wouldnt try it cause it's tricky...but a new, heavier, rebound spring might help.
The main spring you show looked a little bowed which could indicate over compensation for a weak rebound spring. If a new one is freely provided by the company, I believe I would go ahead & get one just to be safe.

I downloaded my manual online for free & suggest if you don't have one, you do that for your model. They're very handy to have.

Wayne

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk