View Single Post

Old 02-12-2017, 11:49 AM

Liked 125 Times in 22 Posts

Hi,

If I may add my two cents. As the old saying goes, "Opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one, and they all stink".

Anyway, I EDC'd a Canik 55 TP9 for well over a year. I wanted something lighter, slimmer, good feel in my hand, I could shoot well, and cost between $350 to $400. A side benefit of the Shield is the outstanding array of after market kits and accessories. The Shield fit the bill in every category.

I shot a Glock 43 (Son-in-laws), Ruger LC9s, Shield and Kahr CW9. Played with an XDS at a gun shop. I liked the Ruger trigger the best. But was told about the APEX trigger kits, and did some research.

I purchased the Shield for $340. I used the money from the Canik to pay for the Apex Duty/Carry Kit and Action Enhancement Trigger (100-051). I used the stock trigger spring. Trigger pull is 4lbs and the gun shoots well for me. I also added XS Big dots sights.

The Shield for me, is easy to carry and use as a point and shoot gun. I also like the easy take down and cleaning of the Shield. I guess I am now an S&W supporter. So much so I purchased an M&P Pro 9mm for open carry. I love both of these guns. My Ruger 45s just sits in the gun case now. Oh well...

As for my son-in-law and his Glock love affair. He shot the Shield and did say in has some nice merits. I think buying and using guns is like buying and using trucks. Everybody has his or her favorite. Whether it's a Ford or Chevy or Dodge. The important part is that you like what you buy and most important with regard to a gun, is that you can shoot it well.

I hope all of this helped, :-)