View Single Post

Old 02-12-2017, 12:15 PM

Liked 25 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsn View Post
ofnsaz-what value does a handgun have when critical parts are NOT available from the oem or are only available at great cost from aftermarket sources?...You really have no problem with Ruger having made the decision to no longer provide ANY support for guns that are not even 20 years old??
A gun without working parts isn't worth much. Oh well. Go buy another!

I have no problem at all with a gun manufacturer doing what they need to do to stay in business. Their job is to make a profit selling guns, not providing unlimited and endless aftermarket support for a cheap gun.

And Rugers and S&Ws are reasonably cheap guns. Most Rugers run around $550 new, and you can buy Performance Center S&Ws for under $1000. I'm still debating my next S&W, but contenders run from $550 to $900 on Buds. The last saddle I bought for my horse was $1800. The last time I bought tires for my truck, it ran $800+. My saddle will probably last 40 years, but the tires sure won't! Heck, my wife just spent $800 on some blasted phone that will be outdated in a year or two!

I think it is INCREDIBLE that I can consider buying (new) a 627 snubbie for under $1000! I can buy a 3" Model 60 for about $600-650! Both will probably work fine for 50+ years without anything more than cleaning. That is AMAZING!

Dirt cheap compared to my wife's wonder phone...:>(
The Following 3 Users Like Post: