View Single Post

Old 02-14-2017, 04:07 PM

Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Crittenden View Post
There was similar 5-inch gun that was called a Registered Magnum. It was a 4-screw, 8-shot, nickel M27-8. It had the s/n of RMD, a product code of 170309, and shipped in July - September of 2007.

Based on the s/n, your 4-inch (3.5-inch?) gun is probably related. The RMD was a Lew Horton gun, so you might be in luck. Just contact LH and they'll send you a provenance letter with all the details -- like how many were made, when it shipped, type of stocks, etc.

The 170309's came in a PC fancy aluminum cases. Did you get the case and/or sleeve for this RMC? If so, on the label, what's the Product Code (sku) and Spec. Ord. number (a 4-digit number that likely begins with "7").

Regarding value, I'd say around $1,000, give or take. It's hard to price limited run guns like this, because there are few pervious sales to use for comparison.
Kernel,

I purchased this gun from a friend that was selling them for an estate. The good news is that I did get the aluminum case from the Performance Center but I was not sure if it was for the gun or not. The bad news is they did not know the combination for the case so the pried it open to see what was inside.
They did not totally destroy the case, but it will not currently latch closed and I don't know the combination.
Thank you the information and I will try to track this down with what you have given me to work with. :
The Following User Likes This Post: