View Single Post

Old 02-14-2017, 10:37 PM

Liked 7,048 Times in 2,985 Posts

Awww, Joe. Don't let it bother ya. It's only pure physics. Do all the work..do all the math..And when all is said and done..It won't happen. I was talking to a fellow at the gun show the other day. He told me he used to carry a 10mm semi auto up in B'ar country. I commended him on carrying something worthwhile. It is the only mainstream semi auto for that purpose. He then told me he went back to a 44 mag revolver. He said he had more bang for the buck...but making a 9 perform like 45 sounds good but just won't ever do it. using the large bullet reduces speed mag primers might raise pressures even more. Trimming the meplat and hollowpointing reduces the weight and bumping the 45 to +P makes it all irrelevant..again.Yes I have a 9 or two..my wife carries a 9 when she is out and about. If I didn't think it was a useful round I wouldn't let her carry it. With such a tiny case the 9 can't do what or be made to do what a 45 can do or be made to do. Fun to try....less'n we blow up a gun. Speaking of which..fellow showed me a blown up Python the other day. 1/2 a cylinder was left and the top strap was gone. Reload with 296..1st round through the gun
The Following 2 Users Like Post: