View Single Post

Old 02-15-2017, 12:04 AM

Liked 23 Times in 12 Posts

This gun was bought brand new from Guns for Sale | Online Gun Store | Grab A Gun and had it transferred to a local dealer. I've spent more than $4K at Grabagun over the last few years and had good experiences.

I usually buy guns online and have them transferred to a local dealer. I have never refused a transfer before and honestly, it seemed as much a hassle as sending it to the factory - or so I thought.

S&W was not all that friendly on the phone - tried to explain the issues and the guy kept talking over me and interrupting - also gave no apology. He did offer a prepaid shipping label and emailed it promptly.

I sent it that day and it was received at S&W the next day (2/1). A week later (2/7) I received an email with a letter in a PDF file. The letter stated they received the gun and I now have an RMA #. I haven't heard anything since and bet they will just ship back after work is completed - nothing atypical about that.

We'll see if they make it right - right now, I'm wishing I bought another Ruger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthaler View Post
I cannot believe that was a new gun. Maybe S&W can check to see if someone registered it for warranty reasons before or even if it was sold to you by the same shop that originally purchased it from them. Probably went to a distributor first, but there should be some type of paper trail. Honestly, and this is only my opinion, probably won't win me any friends, your gripe should be with the seller. I can't believe Smith & Wesson put out a revolver in that condition. I've seen them new in shops with a little residue in a cylinder from testing, but nothing as poor condition as yours. It would go a long way for them to refinish yours, but I don't feel like they owe you anything. Sorry. Now their inconsistent trigger pulls, that's another story.