View Single Post

Old 02-15-2017, 02:18 AM

Liked 2,954 Times in 1,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
. . . Trijicon has always made their own optics and made them in the US. I don't claim to know everything there is to know about Trijicon, but this claim is suspect at the very least.
The Truth about Guns:
New From SHIELD: SIS and RMS Sights, Battery Mount, and JPoint Slim Mount - The Truth About Guns

The first Trijicon red dots were made by Shield, according to this article (and the Shield website).

The Trijicon website history shows their first mini red dot sight appearing in 2007. It looks exactly like the Shield SMS, including that it was made of polymer, not the current aluminum.
History - Trijicon, Inc.
Community - What's New - Trijicon, Inc.

I doubt a major manufacturer of RDS would make a claim like this that is completely false, at least not without getting sued.

Shield has made and continues to make many different models, both under their own branding and others. This does not indicate their products are inferior, except where they have made budget items because of customer demand.

I will report here in another thread on the performance of the Shield MRDS I have on my S&W Shield when I get my frame back and can test it. The reviews I have read on this, their latest model, have been positive. However, nothing compares to the quality or price of the current Trijicon RDS's, but their footprint is too large to put on compact guns.

Last edited by CB3; 02-15-2017 at 02:52 AM.