View Single Post

Old 02-15-2017, 02:36 PM

Liked 4,401 Times in 1,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
The gadget is an interesting device. Functionally, it doesn't really have too many downsides except perhaps limiting certain contact shot options, although that is likely insignificant. However, it is still unproven as far as I'm concerned and I don't like being a beta-tester when it comes to potential life saving equipment. YMMV

I have NY triggers on all my carry Glocks and consider them an adequate enough additional safety measure against unintentional discharges. I don't have gadgets on my hammerless revolver nor do I feel they need it.

I wonder if those who opt for a gadget also installed NY triggers, because it could be argued that if someone cannot assuredly safely holster a specific weapon because the trigger pull is too short and light(even in a controlled environment), how can they possibly be expected to be safe with that same weapon once it's drawn in a chaotic, high stress defense scenario.
I have NY triggers in two of my three Glocks. Mandated by the agency for issued and personal Glocks back in the 90's sometime. I have no issue with the NY trigger, (that many folks don't like), nor the current 5.5# trigger I have on my Gen4 G17.

I think that the several years of testing the "gadget" on the range with 100's of thousands of rounds as well as in CQB and ECQC scenarios with trainers like SouthNarc and many highly respected others, it's fair to say, in my opinion, that it's out of beta. Especially since there has not been one reported failure of any kind...and if it did fail the gun would function as normal. However, that's up to each individual to decide for themselves.

I know Tom sent a batch back after he found that the fabrication did not meet his (perfectionist) standards.

I like my little 642 for the idea of contact shots. I've never been much for this technique with semi-autos in general. I've considered that the "gadget" could possibly be used to keep the weapon from firing if someone were to be able to wrap their hand around the back of the slide but I think that's a far less likely scenario compared to one having an ND upon reholstering due to an unobserved or self inflicted issue.

Last edited by blues7; 02-15-2017 at 02:41 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: