View Single Post

Old 02-15-2017, 07:39 PM

Liked 37 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocchr View Post
The cylinder face doesn't have to be shinny. Clean it good; get the lead that seems to hang around the forcing cone. Clean, nice. Shinny: anal.
So you are bashing on people who like to keep their guns clean? Well, in my first post I did mention I have OCD a little bit (undiagnosed). But I don't see why getting your gun as clean as possible without damaging it is a bad thing. Hickock45 even keeps his revolvers sparkly clean. If your opinion of how you store your guns differs from others it does not make them wrong. In my opinion any one who leaves powder residue and other contaminants on their firearm is doing it a disservice and eventually you will end up with corrosion. I would rather wear microns of a millimeter off the cylinder and forcing cone area over 10 years than risk getting rust or pitting. Once you find the right tool it doesn't have to take very long to make it shiny. But I have seen surfaces get scratched from cooper/wire brushes, I don't use those on anything other than barrels, and that's only for scubborn cooper residue