View Single Post

Old 02-16-2017, 09:59 AM

Liked 4,401 Times in 1,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
How safe is a gun you can't shoot accurately?

Do nitwits shoot themselves in the feet with Glocks? Sure.

Do hundreds of thousands of police, military, and armed citizens manage to successfully carry a Glock without adding additional ventilation to their shoes and pants?

You betcha.

Hence, I don't see the need for either the Gadget or that God-awful 12-pound trigger.
It's an option...something for consideration by those who may find it worthwhile.

I'll put my record of carrying Glocks for nigh on 30 years against anyone's for safety and believe me they've been in and out of their holsters countless thousands of times, often under duress.

Aside from mandatory quarterly qualifications with all firearms (issued and personal carry) those of us on SRT had even more stringent training requirements.

The NY Trigger was mandated...not an option. I've learned over many years that it doesn't impede my speed or performance at all. I've compared such with the stock trigger so I'm not bothering to swap them out until I need to replace parts.

All that said, folks with far greater skill than my own and equal or greater experience on the two way range have adopted the "gadget" as an extra layer of insurance.

Is it required? Certainly not. But I've been around some experienced folks who unexpectedly met Mr. Murphy and had a bad (self-inflicted) experience. As the old proverb says: "Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall."

I look at it as a safety tool. YMMV. I respect everyone's right to make their own well considered decision.