View Single Post

Old 02-16-2017, 10:11 AM

Liked 2,954 Times in 1,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerguy49 View Post
I prefer the Hornady Critical Defense simply because of the plastic-filled tip which allows it to penetrate denim or similar material without filling the hollow point and turning it into a solid point round. I want it to penetrate and then act like a hollow point once inside the bad guy, without passing on through the bad guy and into a good guy. I like non-technical terms ("KISS").
You said you wanted expansion without over penetration. You are using one of the worst performing rounds for those goals.

You've bought into the Hornady marketing hype. Check test results to see that the bullet does not expand adequately (only to .41") after passing through denim and therefore tends to overpenetrate (19") which is through most bad guys.

Well designed modern hollow points do not fail to expand after passing through clothing. They expand just fine, as tests show, much better than HCD. The standardized FBI testing has put bullets through clothing for over 20 years. Most manufacturers that perform poorly in these tests correct their ammo, but not Hornady. Their marketing Fu is strong.
The Following User Likes This Post: