View Single Post

Old 02-16-2017, 06:25 PM

Liked 2,249 Times in 1,032 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
Why on God's green earth would you?

Can I? Sure.

Would I want to handicap myself in a life-or-death fight? No way!

Or to turn your guys' argument around--"You might not be able to holster a Glock correctly, but many can.".

If you can shoot them accurately, how are they a handicap?

With respect to the Glock NY triggers, I feel like I can actually shoot faster with them installed compared to the standard spring. They provide a more positive, forceful reset IMO. Plus they are actually more durable than the standard spring.

The issue some have is obviously the pull weight. Even though I have no problems with it, many reportedly do. It all boils down to individual differences in strength, coordination and technique. Some people can hold a light gun adequately steady against a 12 lb trigger pull during a rapid string of fire and some cannot. There's no shame in not being able to do so and for some it just might not be an appropriate or acceptable choice.

However, I don't know what your standard of accuracy happens to be. I see no need in being a precision marksman at 25+ yards and am pretty much only interested in being able to make fast, effective hits at probable self-defense distances. The NY trigger is not an impediment to that objective. And considering that nearly all civilian defensive shootings occur inside a few yards, even those who may slightly struggle with a heavier trigger, most likely wouldn't be negatively affected in an actual defense scenario.

I also gain an additional safeguard against unintentional discharges with the NY trigger in an actual defense scenario should I have to hold someone at gunpoint, run with gun in hand or just inadvertently make contact with the trigger in some fashion. Even the most graceful, agile athletes fall down sometimes and make mistakes in their movement.

Reholstering is generally done in a slow, controlled manner and why I don't see the necessity of the gadget. Irregardless, the NY trigger solves those concerns as well just like the heavier trigger does with a DAO revolver.

That just me and where I'm at currently. YMMV

Last edited by Mister X; 02-16-2017 at 08:35 PM.