View Single Post

Old 02-16-2017, 07:23 PM

Liked 1,015 Times in 247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPac View Post
Congrats, local!

6 hour round trip, that sounds like my trip to Wilkes-Barre for my 629-2E. It sat on Armslist for $900 calling my name, so I made the trip.

Where was this located? The long drive it takes to travel across PA severely limits whether a gun is worth the trip or not for me. Most prices haven't even been close to making a long trip worth while lately.
Hey Ipac

I'm around the Doylestown area, he was in Chambersburg, I agree on the trip/time to justify a gun buy. I would of did that drive for the 629-2E. I love the 44 cal guns, I just picked up a 629-1 RB in 3" .. and a 696 No dash in 3" .. can't get enough of them 44's.

As for my drive for this 686-4, I rec'd the pics for it and she looked great, most of the times the pic's are hard to judge, without the proper lighting and such. With the pics being nice, and me doing some research I knew I had to grab this. The 7 shot is nice, kinda rare. And with the original box I thought it was a no brainer to grab this. A couple of weeks ago I drove out to Elizabethtown to grab a 4" SQ Model 547, just don't see them around at all.

You are right about time/distance for a purchase, but with this 686 I had to make the trip, I honestly think if I waited say till Saturday he would of changed his mind. The fella was a great guy and he was being honest, when we were talking after the sale, he said I almost called you about not selling it, as I can understand where he was coming from, we all have sold a gun at sometime in our collecting we wished we had back.

Brian
The Following 2 Users Like Post: