View Single Post

Old 02-16-2017, 08:51 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default My Search for the Baddest Comp Trigger Out There

I'm seriously thinking about picking up the new(ish) 2.0. The M&P looks great, feels freaking amazing in my hand, and has a great track record. This will be my first handgun, other than 1911s, in several years and its purpose will be a range toy.

Now, I don't want a gun with a 6+ pound pull weight so I need to get it down, way down. I found kits from Apex and Dawson Precision that might fit the bill, but I was hoping those of you who have been around this particular firearm longer than I have might recommend some very good, very solid competition-oriented triggers with SIGNIFICANTLY reduced trigger weights. Ideally I need to be under 3lbs. I know, a tall order. But thanks to a lucky shot from a bad guy in a sandy place this is not an option. I have about 60% of the strength you have in your hand so a 3lb pull for me is like a 5lb pull for you. Am I asking too much?

I've seen somme of these advertised weights and they encourage me, but I'm really more interested in realistic numbers that can be backed up with real world experience from people who aren't paid by the companies doing the advertising. I don't mind dropping $300 on a trigger, but it better work like it's supposed to. So, I need to know:
1. Is my goal is even attainable?
2. If so, what is the lightest triggers that you know of?
3.How reliable are they?
4. What are your real life experiences with your recommendation(s)?

Thanks very much for your help, ideas, recommendations, and wisdom. I really hope this works out and I'm a S&W owner very soon.

Last edited by Rockdoc173; 02-16-2017 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Grammar