View Single Post

Old 02-17-2017, 07:09 AM
US Veteran

Liked 5,703 Times in 1,409 Posts

Thanks Model17, kansasgunner and gdad for your speedy replies.

Your info that these conversion stocks could have come from S & W, even probably did originally, is really supported by the backstrap of the 34-1 which exhibits literally no wear, no scratches, all deep blue and totally consistent with the rest of the gun. With Magnas even high horn, on my other J frames I can see that very faint outline up on the sideplate from wipe downs, etc. over the years (not rust or anything just a finger trace of an oil line that wipes away immediately). This one has a similar "outline" but of the conversion RB to SB stocks.

All in all.....I'm texting him this morning that I'm sending over the $50, because I would have just spent it (or more possibly) on FleaBay for J frame Magna's or "service" stocks which would not even felt as good to my hands so these conversions would have stayed for shooting anyway.

Besides that....this seller is a lot younger than I am, maybe on a roll, moving OUT of a few Smiths and INTO Colts...just the opposite of me.....so along with the $50 he is getting pics of my Colt Woodsman Sport, (1962) 95-98% in box, with all docs and factory extra mag AND an offer to trade/dicker/negotiate for his pristine Model 17-4 with Bangor Punta box and docs.

Again......thank you guys for the super replies. As Harry Callahan MAY have said (had he actually had the 6th round still in there) "You just made my day"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Woodsman 4.jpg (79.9 KB, 22 views)
SWCA#3083, SWHF#570
The Following 3 Users Like Post: