View Single Post

Old 02-17-2017, 11:05 AM

Liked 2,249 Times in 1,032 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elm_creek_smith View Post
Okay. Would you say that a better trained person in ECQ carrying with an empty chamber is more capable than a better trained person in ECQ carrying with one in the pipe? Or, would you say a lesser trained person carrying with an empty chamber is more capable than a lesser trained person with one in the chamber?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Carrying with one the chamber is substantial better. I never stated otherwise.

My original comment was merely addressing the notion that a gun carried with an empty chamber is worthless. I am not an advocate of C3.

If someone says a gun carried with an empty is "no better than a rock" or "you might as well carry a hammer", then I take that to mean they think it is essentially likely useless in terms of a projectile weapon in an actual defense encounter.

If someone understands the dynamics of ECQ scenarios and has done a lot of Force on Force, they would know that there are often ways around the limitations of C3 carry in that environment. Not in every scenario by any means, but likely a fairly large percentage.

And to make another comparison to hopefully clarify my assertion....I often see comments that IDPA and the like are the best training methods for armed defense. However, I believe an individual well-trained in only ECQ carrying with an empty chamber is probably more capable in defending themselves in the most likely civilian defense scenarios than a highly skilled IDPA/USPSA etc. competitor whose carrying hot and training and practice is limited to the range and preparing for those sports. It's difficult to compare two different individuals and natural ability factors in , so let's just say we are comparing twins undertaking different training regimens.

Last edited by Mister X; 02-17-2017 at 01:33 PM.