View Single Post

Old 02-17-2017, 12:53 PM

Liked 1,364 Times in 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raystown View Post
Hey Ipac

I'm around the Doylestown area, he was in Chambersburg, I agree on the trip/time to justify a gun buy. I would of did that drive for the 629-2E. I love the 44 cal guns, I just picked up a 629-1 RB in 3" .. and a 696 No dash in 3" .. can't get enough of them 44's.

As for my drive for this 686-4, I rec'd the pics for it and she looked great, most of the times the pic's are hard to judge, without the proper lighting and such. With the pics being nice, and me doing some research I knew I had to grab this. The 7 shot is nice, kinda rare. And with the original box I thought it was a no brainer to grab this. A couple of weeks ago I drove out to Elizabethtown to grab a 4" SQ Model 547, just don't see them around at all.

You are right about time/distance for a purchase, but with this 686 I had to make the trip, I honestly think if I waited say till Saturday he would of changed his mind. The fella was a great guy and he was being honest, when we were talking after the sale, he said I almost called you about not selling it, as I can understand where he was coming from, we all have sold a gun at sometime in our collecting we wished we had back.

Brian
I see where Doylestown is, pretty close to Philly. So if you traveled to Chamberburg, you were within bout hour from me in FloodCity. I have traveled the old Lincoln Highway out past Chambersburg and into Getttysburgh for a gun, I believe my BSTS KC. Most of my buys were local Armslist ads and I had to travel, so I have a hard time remembering which gun to which location. Although that is the way to find REAL deals, buy local. Getting harder though nowadays due to folks wanting a huge payoff like they see on auction sites.

My 629-2E was a 3" RB too. The unfluted cylinder, and bad-azz nature of the 44mag snubby with magna-ports, just really attracted me. Hindsight, I would have probably preferred your -1 instead due to weight reducing features. Although I got the full endurance package with mine, so that helps. Something just told me that gun was special and uncommon, so I went for it, my 1st S&W. Glad I did, because it replaced all my Anacondas.

Last edited by iPac; 02-17-2017 at 12:56 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: