View Single Post

Old 02-18-2017, 01:57 AM

Liked 2,954 Times in 1,054 Posts

Every day, AIWB in a Keepers Concealment
(Model: The Keeper Products – Keepers Concealment)
straight drop, w/foam wedge to help keep it canted inward. Clip is very robust, but my next one will likely have dual straps. Back side has a full sweat shield. I use a 1.5" nylon reinforced tactical belt with a Velcro hooked retainer for the tail, pulled tight. That locks over the loop piece on the clip, securing the holster in position even better.

The FS 9mm 5" threaded barrel is just right. It takes up all the room I have to give it in this position, yet it is not too big nor heavy on the good gun belt. Pants are about 1.5" oversize. Can't wear tight jeans. I carry a spare Taran Tactical extended 23-round mag IWB at 10 o'clock and a vertical fixed blade push dagger at 11 o'clock. I have a covering garment, fairly flat belly, 36" waist, 185 lb., 5' 11". Average sized guy, 67 yo.

This is doable with the right gear and commitment. It is not as hard as many people make it out to be. Once you are successful carrying a full size gun, going backwards inspires less confidence for me because I cannot shoot smaller guns as well as a full size. And I like the ammo capacity.