View Single Post

Old 02-18-2017, 04:00 PM

Liked 28,229 Times in 5,272 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee's Landing Billy View Post
Iggy, that's cool. I remember when The Lone Ranger and Silver came tp our hometown. They were brought in by the Merita bread people. He gave us all silver bullets. Thanks for helping jog my memory, that was some night! I'm excited about it all over again.
I was 6 years old and rode a horse to school each day. My Mom put an note in my lunch bag telling the teacher to send me home at noon.
I had no idea what was going on. When I got home I unsaddled my horse and went to the house. My folks loaded me up and we drove the 40 miles to town.
There had been an event on the steps of the Capitol and the Lone Ranger had addressed the kids and handed out silver bullets.
The gathering had broken up by the time we got there and the LR was headed out of town on the train.

My Dad made a bee line to the train depot.
We got to the RR Depot just as the Lone Ranger was ready to board the train.

I Dad approached the LR and told him of my journey to see him.

He came over to me,bent down to my level,and asked me about riding to school etc. He talked to me until the Conductor yelled "All aboard!" The LR handed me the bullet and shook my hand. It was quite a thrill.

There were four ranch boys in the school I attended for the first 4 years. We played cowboys and Indians during recess. We portrayed Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, Lone Ranger, and Hopalong Cassidy. Ya wanna take a guess who I was?

Last edited by Iggy; 02-18-2017 at 06:00 PM.
The Following 9 Users Like Post: