View Single Post

Old 02-18-2017, 06:02 PM

Liked 3,481 Times in 1,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitwabit View Post
there is no harassment .. its the law .. when you take the Illinois conceal carry course 8 hours is on the law .. no one has an excuse to violate it as its written ..

When you sign your license your saying you will abide by the Illinois Conceal Carry Law !! Hospitals and Doctor offices are restricted and written in the law .. so they don't even have to be posted ..
Certainly, I don't disagree......as a law abiding CCW, I take my privilege very seriously and know where I can and cannot legally carry......but people do sometimes make mistakes. I am not condoning someone who purposely chooses to violate the law but I do believe there is a right way and a wrong way to handle each individual situation both by the offender and by enforcement officials.

I was simply venting as I am terribly dismayed every time that I read about the number of shootings resulting in death and injury in the City of Chicago. I travel to Chicago fairly frequently and my permit is not allowed there. If there was any one place that I would be more comfortable by having my firearm accessible, Chicago would be it. I would not even begin to assume that I have an answer to the problems in Chicago, but I wish there was more visibility to work which, I sincerely hope, is being done behind the scenes.....

Be safe out there.....

Last edited by MetalMan; 02-18-2017 at 06:16 PM.