View Single Post

Old 02-18-2017, 06:40 PM

Liked 231 Times in 59 Posts

Well after I removed and replaced my Daughters garage door I was home in time for the mail man.
Took me a little over 3 hours to get this new Unfluted Cylinder and new hand to fit correctly. My arthritis cut me some slack so I didn't have to stop and start after each time I took it apart. I went very slowly and took off a .0001 at a time from just the left side of the Hand nose. I totally lost count how many times I did this. When I got it to where the trigger would cycle on all chambers I put it all back together but it was a little rough on 2 and they were easy to see this with the hammer off looking through the hand window. I did however dress the ratchet on those 2 only but I did hit all of them with a stone just to smooth the edges of any burrs. Thank goodness for the Diamond eze lap to do all the work except for the stoning. I don't like using files for this kind of work. After completing I held a light at the rear with the hammer removed and looking down the business end all looked centered after 2 full cycles. I am very happy how it turned out. I have done hundreds of trigger jobs but at 63 this is my first time for this. Here's a picture of it with the new cylinder installed. Hopefully I can give it the real test tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170218_161944758.jpg (143.9 KB, 39 views)
The Following 2 Users Like Post: