View Single Post

Old 02-18-2017, 09:44 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,660 Times in 1,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMan View Post
Certainly, I don't disagree......as a law abiding CCW, I take my privilege very seriously and know where I can and cannot legally carry......but people do sometimes make mistakes. I am not condoning someone who purposely chooses to violate the law but I do believe there is a right way and a wrong way to handle each individual situation both by the offender and by enforcement officials.

I was simply venting as I am terribly dismayed every time that I read about the number of shootings resulting in death and injury in the City of Chicago. I travel to Chicago fairly frequently and my permit is not allowed there. If there was any one place that I would be more comfortable by having my firearm accessible, Chicago would be it. I would not even begin to assume that I have an answer to the problems in Chicago, but I wish there was more visibility to work which, I sincerely hope, is being done behind the scenes.....

Be safe out there.....
The problem is whether you carried on purpose disregarding the law or it was truly an accident .. authorities can not tell or not know the difference because in both cases they will say it was accidental ..

so both are prosecuted according to the law with no exceptions ..

The killings in Chicago mostly done by bangers will not change till the people there decide there have been enough children killed and start turning in those responsible to law enforcement .. until that time comes law enforcement will never be able to combat the killings as they are now covered for by the public !!

Last edited by Whitwabit; 02-18-2017 at 09:45 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: