View Single Post

Old 02-19-2017, 11:26 AM

Liked 96 Times in 69 Posts

Smith and Wesson is crystal clear regarding their written warranty; send in the card and you get one year limited, after this time period the original owner (?) receives a limited lifetime warranty which covers -functional- issues and specifically excludes: finish, magazines and sights as I understand the generous written commitment to their customers.

Ruger similarly is clear as to their warranty-with every gun they inform the owner that NO WARRANTY EXISTS, no written full - no written limited warranty. Further Ruger informs its customers that the sole recourse for repair lies with the existing consumer protection laws in the State of residence for each owner.

Smith informs me that the Company provides Factory support for revolvers dating back to approximately 1957, Ruger informs me that they provide NO SUPPORT for the Six Series a very recently produced handgun and Ruger implies that additionally this abandonment of its consumer base further extends to ALL discontinued products.

More incredible to me is that people are spending the long dollar on out of production Ruger guns, not much of a problem for a safe/wall queen but plain foolish for a gun someone would want to shoot every now and again.

Only Smith and Wesson for me from now on.

I