View Single Post

Old 02-19-2017, 02:08 PM

Liked 15,463 Times in 6,787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikld View Post
I gotta disagree with Wise_A. Of all the firearms I own (first 22 in 1968) my 22s, all action designs, are trouble free and it's almost scary how well they function. In countless thousands of rounds I have found only one brand of ammo to malfunction and that is Remington (Ruger 10-22, Ruger MkIII, Remington Viper, and Raven 22). All my rimfires have their preference as to which ammo is most accurate, bur all will feed, shoot, eject any 22 LR ammo, both foreign and domestic, El Cheapo and $$$. I got 3/4" @ 40 yds with Blazer 22s in my Contender rifle...

Whenever I got a new-to-me 22 (Inow own 4 semi-autos and 3 bolt guns, and 2 single shots)I would buy one or two boxes of every ammo available (even some Soviet ammo from the '60s) to see which ammo the gun liked the best and as I mentioned above, only one that failed...
See? This is what makes 22 lr such a ******* shoot
No saying mikid did not have issues, it just happens.

I have shoot thousands of cheap Remington ammo, Golden Bullets, Thunderbolts whatever and never has an issue.

So guns just shoot some ammo and others don't. It shouldn't be but it is.

All my centerfire guns will shoot any ammo, some may not be as accurate but not total failure. I reload and any primer I use works. I am still on cases of Wolff primers and some folks hate them. I do not shoot metal case ammo except in a AR 15, heck it is as cheap as it gets and works every time.

One of life's great mysterys.