View Single Post

Old 02-20-2017, 01:57 PM
Banned

Liked 4,324 Times in 1,793 Posts

The Buckmark is pretty far up there on my list of stuff I'd recommend to new Bullseye shooters. They mostly eat anything, they run without cleaning forever, and the trigger is normally a little better than the stock Ruger. They're even nice and light. The only caveat is their whole grip situation--the grips hold in some trigger components, which can result in a fun surprise the first time somebody goes to swap them. And the grip situation on the URX/UDX models.

Knew a guy wanted to replace the grips on his Buckmark UDX Whatever. Now, he knows that regular grips won't fit the UDX. What's he do? He goes out and orders a set of Nil-Griffes for the standard model, just to see if they'd fit. Can't return them. Must be nice to have that kinda money.

Same guy, same gun--lets me shoot it one day. I figure, never shot one of these before, what the hey. Take it, load, aim, squeeze--click. Hold it out there just in the off chance it's a hang-fire, then drop the mag and eject. No firing pin strike. Huh! Load the same cartridge up again.

Aim, squeeze, bang! Okay, no biggie. Aim, squeeze, click. Huh. On a lark--aim, squeeze...bang?!

What the hell?

And it goes like that. Needs two squeezes per bang, most of the time. Turn around and ask him, what's up?

"Oh, it just does that."
The Following User Likes This Post: