View Single Post

Old 02-20-2017, 05:50 PM

Liked 1,574 Times in 578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelgunguy View Post
First let me state I am absolutely against criminal safe zones.I avoid them as much as possible.But there are reasons why it's illegal to carry a gun into buildings where there may be mentally incompetent people roaming around. Let alone ones that could be there because they've shown a propensity towards violence.
Just something to think about. Hospitals are a little different than retail locations,offices,etc.
I do not intend this to sound insulting. That argument is what I hear around WI and MN all the time. As in all the other cases where honest/sane people are prohibited from being able to defend themselves, if any of "those" people want to do violence they ignore the signs and are a danger to begin with. *I* am not. Yet I am required to make myself vulnerable, like everybody else in the hospital/clinic/facility. It is wrong.
A fact of getting older is that I visit more and more people in hospitals or other care facilities. It is dishonest of the administrations to force me to disarm.

I know a cardio nurse who works at a Milwaukee hospital. A criminal entered with his gun, no surprise, and in the course of things he grabbed a child when he realized the cops were after him. He was chased through the hospital and stopped by gunfire. My friend was told to "shelter in place," AKA "wait to be killed."

In the end, the police were excoriated for DARING to shoot the bad guy in the hospital, putting others in danger. I think there was also some territorial dispute between the police and the sheriff.

And *I* am supposed to wait for them to save me?

The ban in is pointless and stupid. As usual.