View Single Post

Old 02-20-2017, 09:24 PM

Liked 2,708 Times in 1,239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJelly View Post
I feel sorry for all involved - and this validates my absolute rule of empty chamber outside the house if I'm carrying an auto. I suppose that habit could cost me dearly at some point - I just make it a point to never go where I would need a h/g ... even though I frequently carry one.

Edited to add: a little clarification. Doesn't take a genius to figure out high risk locations: convenience stores in general and especially after dark (even just for fuel), spray car washes after dark, any Wal-Mart on the wrong side of the tracks after 9AM, liquor stores, any mall near the wrong side of the tracks after 4PM, most of the low-end fast food places after dark. I've reached past 60, avoiding all of these places, and never had a problem. I know the tactical types are going to sneer at this - but it's worked for me so far!!
Carry any way you wish, of course. But, watch a few of the ambush videos below and see how attacks come out of nowhere. It's pretty unlikely a person would have time to chamber a round.

Active Self Protection
- YouTube