View Single Post

Old 02-20-2017, 10:30 PM

Liked 1,426 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDGUNNER View Post
This thread has me looking across the web to see who has the best deal on these Italian stallions...I remember having an NIB Italian made 92 with bottom mag release back in the day and the bluing was spectacular and when you racked the slide it felt like it was sliding on glass.Alas, I sold it to move in a different direction but the pictures and comments bring back fond memories.

There are more than several of the usual suspects offering these surplus 92s models, both direct and on GB. My question is, how can you be sure you are getting a good one, and how are the import markings applied? I like the markings in the OP, but I see SOG has beautiful examples available but it looks like they have "PV ARMS" tattooed on the side of the slide. That seriously reduces my interest. Any thoughts?
I looked into this gun before I ended up winning my Sig recently. They were around awhile, but it seems that now, J&G has the best price available, and judging from the photo, one of the better import marks.

Regarding import marks in general, it's a mixed bag. The best I've seen is Cole's Distributing (CDISales on gunbroker), I CAN'T find it on the FEG HP, and on 2 other pistols, it's on the barrel (hidden inside the slide). IAmmo put it on the underside of the dust cover on the pistol I've gotten from them, which is like this.
Every other gun I've gotten with import marks, including all from J&G, have been on the slide.