View Single Post

Old 02-21-2017, 08:40 PM

Liked 96 Times in 69 Posts

bigmuddy, the thread was started after Ruger informed me that there was no factory support/parts for the Six Series-I was about to purchase one, I welcome all replies.

Smith did respond to an email I sent asking for clarification as to their warranty: "Smith and Wesson has a lifetime warranty for its firearms to the original owner. The finish/grips, stocks and magazines are covered by a one year warranty"

As Smith did not qualify 'firearms' I presume that all guns made by Smith are covered by the above language.

john, Ruger does provide very good support. What I was not aware of is that Ruger provides support for products that they -feel- like supporting, owners of other guns are apparently totally out of luck.

As I typed; Ruger is the only firearms maker on the planet that does NOT offer a warranty.

Smith on the other hand publishes a written lifetime warranty, to the original owner for their firearms.

Will anyone really dismiss this as being insignificant? AND not in and of itself THE reason to opt for a Smith over a Ruger in general and to opt in particular for an older Smith rather than an older Ruger for a gun which you will both shoot and keep for an investment??