View Single Post

Old 02-22-2017, 02:40 AM
Banned

Liked 4,324 Times in 1,793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitwabit View Post
Fleeing the scene and then turning yourself in with your lawyer present a couple of hours later screams of I did something wrong but this high price lawyer will try to get me out of it ..

Someone who has not done anything wrong doesn't leave but gives medical aid to the injured person .. so his actions already makes him look guilty whether he is or not ..
You know, I've read some stories where guys did stuff that was...well, grey-area. Legal, but not the sort of legal where you walk away squeaky-clean. Even one where the unfortunate halfwit left the scene, disassembled his pistol, and drove home pitching the pieces out the window. So I can wrap my mind around the sort of fear that would cause someone to leave the scene.

I don't mind the lawyer so much--drop me in that position, after the fact, and I'd get one. I think most people can understand that. But it's all just so much ammunition to be used against him.

I'd be awful interested in seeing this guy's carry gear. And, side note--this is one of those situations where them "Grim Reaper" grips that looked so cool on eBay, or that "Smile and Wait For Flash" backplate, can really come back to bite you.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: