View Single Post

Old 02-22-2017, 07:47 AM

Liked 29,153 Times in 13,781 Posts
Default Why sorry????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest r View Post
sorry for putting 2 cents in the kitty.

I have/own/use/reload for/shoot short bbl'd 9mm's.

I also load/own/shoot short bbl'd 357's, 38spl's & 44spl's. Along with the ability to cast my own hp bullets, swage my own hp bullets & make hp's in loaded bullets.

Some people play checkers, some people play chess

Why don't you work on how to make a loaded bullet a hp bullet then an effective hp bullet.

Right now you're doing 1 heck of a job of spitting into the wind. And from where I'm sitting my 3 year old grand daughter makes you look like a 1 legged man in a *** kicking contest
I don't understand why you are sorry. You had the best explanation and experience of why it didn't pan out. Simple answer. As usual the relationships that I was counting on weren't linear, especially those between a former black powder cartridges and modern higher pressure small cased cartridges ESPECIALLY in short barrels with short chambers. I've rad data books that said about a particular cartridgefv

I'm gonna do some more testing or this load, with different guns, just to see the effect. I've got a lot of very nice from Xtreme 165 gr. plated RN. Their plated bullets are almost jacketed.

I think I succeeded in proving that a 9mm could be made to act like a .38 with heavy bullets, but not they they could act like a .45. That part was a flop. I'm still a believer in heavier bullets but not to that extreme. A 147 gr. 9mm shoots very nicely.

As far as the brainstorming, it may sound silly, but it works best for me in thinking 'out of the box'. It doesn't hurt.

I always wanted to recover spent bullets. I'd like to do more of it. I've got an idea for producing gelatin blocks by having just one loaf pan or two in the refrigerator at a time. If you preserve it or don't let it sit around too long, it should be ok if kept cool. Since I'm retired I've got time.

BTW I'm a chess person.

Last edited by rwsmith; 02-22-2017 at 07:55 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: