View Single Post

Old 02-22-2017, 02:26 PM

Liked 1,380 Times in 580 Posts

Not to throw any more fuel on this fire, but I did visit a Dunkin' Donuts this morning. Had to take the wife's car to Herndon - and there's a DD across the street from the service place. Took my Glock 42 as a change of pace since it's lighter than my CM9. The DD is fairly small - probably only 200 SF for customers - with standing room only. The ladies were uber friendly - I almost asked to take their picture but it was way too busy. The only reason I mention this is I would have normally just left the pistol in the car, but I couldn't today because it was being serviced.

I'm sure I'm going to have numerous negative comments - but this has to be said: could we please all stop being so danged paranoid? Sure, it's nice to have the freedom to legally carry, but I'm not so sure that, speaking for myself only, I have to be armed to the teeth where ever I go. I'm intelligent enough to understand that no mortal being can accurately predict where the shinola is going to hit the fan. But, this ole farm boy has enough good sense to reduce his risk by picking and choosing when and where he visits and spends time. There, it's off my chest and I understand I'm going to be electronically castigated and castrated ...
The Following 4 Users Like Post: