Thread: How do You ??
View Single Post

Old 02-22-2017, 05:25 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,660 Times in 1,302 Posts
Default How do You ??

pcgunners blog and poll "One In The Chamber" got me thinking and not wanting to hijack his blog ..

Some of the comments and videos showed that you might be fighting an attacker off with your off hand not able to rack the slide in that situation if you carried Condition 3 ..

My question is how many practice racking the slide using only one hand ?? Imagine you have a misfire and your off hand and arm are disabled for some reason .. or your fighting someone off with your off arm unable to get any distance between you and the assailant and you have a mis-fire .. you would have to try to rack the slide against your body maybe your gun belt .. your shoe, the side of your leg, a table or other hard edge if close enough ..

If you do carry condition 3 do you practice a one arm slide racking drill ??

Carrying Condition 1 Do you practice a miss fire drill where your off arm was not usable .. using an object to help rack the slide ?? what do you use if you do practice ?? or how do you do it or would you do it ??

Have you ever practiced that drill ?? or one similar where you only use one arm ??

I realized that in the many years of owning a pistol for self defense at home and then CCing for the last few years I had only practiced a drill like that a handful of times and not at any rate that it would actually help as I hadn't done it enough to retain any kind of muscle memory .. or where it would be my first reaction ..

I started with a drill last night and will continue on much more regular basis now and into the future .. Besure that your weapon is unloaded at least 3 times before any type of practice !! I have a room where ammo is not allowed .. either is my loaded carry pistol .. it is left on a high shelf just out side the room .. Safety is number 1 !! it is where all my dry fire and other practice is done .. where I dry fire toward a brick chimney ..

So how many of you practice a one arm slide racking drill ?? and what do you use to help ??
The Following User Likes This Post: