View Single Post

Old 02-22-2017, 06:53 PM

Liked 657 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
That's the very thing I keep asking. MIM is cheaper and easier to manufacture but to say it is not as strong is nonsense.
^^^^^THIS^^^^^

The problem with MIM hammers & triggers used in S&W revolvers is not how they function but rather that they look like H-E double hockey sticks as compared to their forged CCH predecessors. The savings realized by Smith & Wesson is not in the cost of the component but rather the labor savings because MIM parts are made to such close tolerances that the fitting required is minimal. I don't begrudge the company for the change in manufacturing technology but do for attempting to translate this into a manufacturing philosophy where it is thought that close tolerance CNC machining and MIM equal less final QC and inspection. Too much sloppy product leaves the factory and that includes the Performance Center. They should know that their perceived reputation with the consumer should be base on the quality of the finished product and not that of their warranty & repair department.

The fact is however that I will never own a new Smith & Wesson revolver which has the lock. It is a constant reminder of their capitulation to the Clinton administration and their continued refusal to remove it shows considerable lack of gumption IMO.

Bruce

Last edited by BruceM; 02-23-2017 at 04:54 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: