View Single Post

Old 02-22-2017, 11:12 PM

Liked 333 Times in 179 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsmith View Post
It is opposite to a defensive weapon, which is what we and police carry. When the 'assault weapon' was created it was designed to aid in an attack by crack troops on an enemy as opposed to the 'service rifle' and by definition, had full auto capability. They were so effective, it was decided to arm nearly ALL the troops with one as a standard weapon. The types of war also evolved to where the assault rifle became much more useful than a long 'service rifle',
RW,

I agree with you for the most part, except for one word- weapon.

To me, the word 'weapon' implies malicious intent. If I were using it in defense, I am not the aggressor. I am defending against his maliciousness. I would use whatever tools are available to me in order to counter; a rock up to and including a firearm. Like I said previously, a firearm is an inanimate object; incapable of being a weapon or assaulting someone without human interaction. Humans weaponize objects, not the other way around. Yes, this can mean a rock or a hammer; not necessarily a firearm.

By calling all firearms weapons was the first step in demonizing them to the legislature, courts and private citizens alike; gun control's first blow. Any object is not a weapon unless you use it as such. Remember that.

I'm sorry if I keep hijacking this thread. It is something I feel very strongly about. Correcting this [firearm] language is just as important as correcting the rest of the PC junk the left has forcefed us over the last 8 years.

Last edited by franzas; 02-22-2017 at 11:14 PM.