View Single Post

Old 02-23-2017, 07:26 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,660 Times in 1,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJelly View Post
You are absolutely right - the bad guy owns the situation, in that case, and can have the car and the pistol as far as I'm concerned. But, quick reminder, situational awareness plays a role here. The doors lock automatically on my vehicle - and I always leave room between myself and the car in front of me. I suppose someone could run out, handgun drawn, into traffic and demand that I get out - it's happened too often elsewhere. Revolver, or auto with chambered round, or pointy stick - doesn't matter - I'm driving away if possible. I live south of DC - but out of bus-range of DC if you get my drift. There hasn't been an incident like that around here in at least the last three years. Who knows, it could happen tomorrow ...

Are you suggesting that your chambered round somehow makes you a clear winner in that situation? Would you fire at someone thru the glass of your car? What about your stray rounds hitting other vehicles and/or drivers and passengers? I will continue to carry where it's legal around here; but, to re-use your farm boy comment, I ain't stupid - I'm not going to open fire on some fool standing outside my car and demanding that I get out!!
In the 1-2 seconds for you to rack the slide I could have shot 2-3 times so a chamber round does give one an advantage over a person that has to rack the slide ..

so you will just get out and give up your car and pistol that is in the glove box .. with putting up a fight or defending yourself ..

no it does not make me a clear winner but it will allow me to defend myself if the opportunity would arise .. yes I would fire thru the window if I thought my life was in jeopardy .. the perp probably will if you don't give up the vehicle .. many times your not able to just drive away or you will be shot at if you do .. many people have been shot in car jacking's when they either didn't respond fast enough or refused to get out of the car ..

What stray rounds .. what makes you think I would not hit my target ?? 1 to 2 rounds at 3-5 feet or less at someone reaching for the handle of the car door .. would be hard to miss by even the worse of shooters .. of which I am not ..

having your gun in the glove box and not on you .. you give your self no chance ..

It was your initial Farm Boy remark not mine .. all the farm boys I know who have a carry permit carry not leave their gun off body .. Oh and yes I'm a farm boy .. You see I actually live on a farm !!
The Following User Likes This Post: