View Single Post

Old 02-24-2017, 09:56 AM

Liked 1,656 Times in 431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Bob View Post
"Maybe when I retire I'll take it out to the range."
Mexican Kerry

I can certainly understand not shooting rare, expensive, or hard to repair guns. I had an "orthopedic episode" for a couple of months recently where I didn't feel like shooting, or much of anything else. When I got better I looked at a couple of guns I rarely shoot, thought "who am I saving them for", and took them to the range and had a great time.

Everybody's different, and other people opinions are just as valid as mine. For me, guns aren't investments, and I think my son would rather have a guns I used. Could be wrong, won't be my problem.
That presentation grade isn't particularly rare or valuable, Colt made a batch of them at the time (mine's 0059). My only reason for not shooting it has been because I don't need to. Same reason I don't shoot my old GI Colts or my old Super. I have modern versions of both that cost less and do the same thing for me.

Maybe some day I'll decide to take it out for a spin. Maybe I'll die tomorrow. If that's the case, I doubt my last thought will be "I sure regret not shooting that pg."

If I still have it or any of the others when its time to pass them on, my children will appreciate them fired or not.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: