View Single Post

Old 02-24-2017, 02:07 PM

Liked 17,264 Times in 6,633 Posts

ME is one of the most 2A friendly states around. It's been an open carry state practically forever. It's still a shall issue state for those that want a license.

For some reason, the City of Portland likes to hire police chiefs and other city officials from Los Angeles. More than one chief has found out the hard way that he can't deny a license absent someone being a PP. Also, at least one chief was fired because he tried to "crack down" on open carry.

Detroit Chief James Craig retired from the LAPD and was hired as chief in Portland. He talked about that a few years ago and mentioned that he was routinely denying permits and then found out that ME is a lot different than CA when every one of his denials was overturned. He's now pro 2A and encourages Detroit residents to get permits.

ME is liberal is some ways, but it's solidly pro 2A. Now no permits needed to carry, no "roster" of approved guns, minimal "gun free" areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayguy View Post
Actually, a bit surprised to hear you don't need a CCW in Maine. I've always thought Maine was pretty much a leftist state. Good news!