View Single Post

Old 02-24-2017, 05:02 PM

Liked 7,749 Times in 2,127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeamasterSig View Post
I can recommend the "Springbreak" from Andrews Custom Leather. I have one in chocolate brown with two speed strip pouches for a 4 inch model 66 and really like it. It's a vertical clam-shell design and the spring tension holds the gun very firmly in place. He uses a soft and pliable leather for the shoulder and back straps, which makes the rig very comfortable. I stopped by his old shop before he relocated to St. Augustine to drop off a couple knives for custom sheaths to attach to the right-hand side of the rig and got a tour of the shop while I was there. His sons help some, but he pretty much does all the work himself. Expect to wait at least half a year and pay a pretty penny, but the end result will be worth the wait and cost. He's got some videos up on Youtube, in particular one featuring the horizontal "Monarch" version of the shoulder holster which will give you an idea of the design and the quality of his work.
That's a dead knockoff of my X2000 and X2100 Phantom for Bianchi in the '80s. So much for originality. Can't any of these newbies come up with their own work; even re-interpret others' designs so that their pics don't look like they came right out of an old Bianchi catalogue? If it weren't for the basketweave finish I'd have thought the pic to BE of a Bianchi product.

A FB page 'dedicated' to the old makers lists all the sacred cows, but I objected when they didn't mention John Bianchi. I pointed out that everything made today originally came out of the Bianchi stable and not from those 'dead poets'. Even Safariland wouldn't exist if Neale hadn't become John's partner; which means even Bill Rogers wouldn't have made his fortune.

Last edited by rednichols; 02-24-2017 at 05:04 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: