View Single Post

Old 02-25-2017, 06:26 AM

Liked 2,996 Times in 885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post

In the mid 80's I was involved in a shooting incident. The incident occurred in the kitchen of a house I was renting a room in.

I was sitting in the living room, my roommate's girl friend walked in the front door and asked where he was. I told her he was in the kitchen. She walked into the kitchen, found him drunk on the floor said something then pulled out a .38 and started shooting.

She murdered our refrigerator, shot out a window (the bullet hit our neighbor's house) and put one through the wall next to me. I remember running into the hallway and seeing her standing there with a gun in her hand. The other roommate yelled down the hall to keep the noise down he was trying to sleep. I don't think he realized what happened until the cops showed up.

At that point I turned around and ran right out the front door, then to the neighbors where I called the cops.

The next time I was involved in a shooting incident I wrote about it here

UPDATED***Over Reacted last Night, Probably Over Thinking It Today.

Long story short with a little (lot) more training I assessed, moved to cover, got ready to fight but ultimately ran like hell and called the cops.

The last time I was involved in a shooting incident was about a year ago. I was getting ready for work putting my stuff in my car when I saw someone walking through the parking lot. He left our lot and appeared to try to open a gate into the neighbor's yard.

At that point I heard a shot but don't know exactly what happened. I THINK the neighbor fired a shot at the guy that was trying to into their yard.

I actually remember thinking "God I'm glad I'm wearing body armor." As I was ducking behind my car and drawing my gun and watching the guy I saw in the parking lot running away.

Then, I ran like Hell and called the cops.

So, my point here is that if I ever have to be in a gun fight I certainly want to win (or at least survive) but if there's ANYTHING, including running away, I can do to to avoid one I'm going to do that first.

I can't think of anything that I gain from involving myself in a fight unless I'm forced to. I've told this before but I have a friend who was involved in a robbery several years ago. He was in a restaurant that was being robbed and drew his gun and ordered the robber to drop his. The robber shot him. He ended up killing the robber but he's going to carry the marks of that shooting for life.
I guess you could call these "shooting incidents" however you weren't "involved" in either, you were either in the same house and or across the parking lot, not the intended target and there was no "gunfight". Just stating the obvious.
BCCI Life Member #2068

Last edited by Richard Simmons; 02-25-2017 at 07:09 AM.