View Single Post

Old 02-25-2017, 08:02 AM

Liked 3,024 Times in 950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchyBunker91 View Post
I just love reviving these old posts. I had a question about getting a letter from S&W. I just purchased my model 60-2 NY-1 revolver and was wanting to get a letter as well. I called S&W but got nowhere with the automated system. Any information you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Letters now come through the historical society.

Smith & Wesson Historical Foundation - Letter Process - Insuring that the rich history of Smith & Wesson will continue for generations to come

They cost $75 and I dont think in this case will tell you anything that we cant splice together on our own. I saw your gun in another thread, it has been restored to DA/SA. I am guessing its a return that was resold by S&W.

The complete story can be found in some threads here and in the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson. Its interesting and you might enjoy the read.

Another place that has loads of information but will take some time to sort through is

Index Page

If you use your serial number and look through the invoices you will find it. Also look in the returned pages and I think you will find it too. This will also give you the shipping date.

Happy Hunting!
The Following 2 Users Like Post: