View Single Post

Old 02-25-2017, 11:14 AM

Liked 4,295 Times in 1,611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAA View Post
I'll get right to the point. Look in the mag well. You'll see the the spring steel rod connected to the mag release button. It pushes a small catch back & forth, that slips into the notch of the mag. Extremely simple! All most everyone should be able to see if there is a problem here. I believe that most Shield owners should already know what the exact problem is, or isn't, before writing their complaint.

Same thing happens on the AR forums. Especially where owners try building their own weapons. Some don't have a clue about what's going on, and don't take the time to find out. It's just complaint city.
While inspection of this point may be helpful, the problem may/may not be visible in that mechanism. I had a Glock once that dropped mags. The spring was in place and looked just fine. After much experimentation it turned out to be that the mag catch itself was a few thousandths under sized.
To the point though, it's not unreasonable for the OP who paid $400 for a new gun, to expect it to run right out of the box. He wasn't badmouthing the gun. Just asking a simple question. Not everybody has the want or skills to dig into their guns. That's what warranties and gunsmiths are for. Clearly if S&W intended only sell to mechanically inclined folks, it would be a much smaller company today.

FWIW, I would agree that there is allot of whining on other sites where folks cobble AR's, 10/22's (and others) together without proper skills or knowledge. I don't see that here though.

Last edited by Wee Hooker; 02-25-2017 at 11:16 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: