View Single Post

Old 02-25-2017, 11:59 AM

Liked 23 Times in 12 Posts

Sent gun 1/31 and received back 2/24 (door to door). Paper work said they inspected firearm, replaced rear sight, the entire gun was refinished, and there was a sheet stating the function was approved. It isn't much better - the turnline is less pronounced, and the barrel dual finish was polished exceptionally well.

If you look at the pic of the left side of the revolver frame, you'll see the finish is much better - except for the portion directly above the trigger guard - where it looks like they just stopped polishing - like the quittin' bell rang and that was it.

The finish on the right side of the receiver is better - but not good - still filled with swirls.

The white outline is better, and appears acceptable It wiggles more loosely than the previous, and was installed far right. No biggie to adjust at the range.

What do I think about it - I'm very pleased with the barrel refinishing - better than I expected. The turnline/receiver plate fit issue was also completed very well. The rear sight was fixed and appears acceptable, lil' loose but we'll see what she does at the range. The refinishing of the receiver sides was not completed 100% and IMO shouldn't have passed inspection.

Did S&W come through? Mostly. So, am I gonna send it back again on the finish? No, she's not a trophy - but I have to admit I don't care for the incomplete job and I will bear it in mind when considering future purchases (which will be made in store where I can view the revolver first).

I still maintain this is a new gun, the refinishing put an exceptional clean on the cylinder and inside of the frame. The bore looks like it was cleaned also, and looks like new grooves to me.

The Following User Likes This Post: